TekVision powered touchscreen not working with Win7 x64

Hello,

I am having an issue with setting up a POS system and specifically the touch screen.

I have tried to update the windows drivers, and the TekVision drivers to no avail.

here are the TekVision Drivers:
http://65.61.34.194/drivers/drivers_t5r.asp

Is there away to modify the Windows 2000/XP drivers for Win7?
4 answers Last reply
More about tekvision powered touchscreen working win7
  1. you can use vista drivers in windows 7. not xp drivers. if there are no vista or win7 drivers then you will need to either purchase a different touch screen or downgrade to xp
  2. That's what I was afraid of...I guess I'll bite the bullet and downgrade, even though I would love to stick with 7. Thanks.
  3. Hi :)

I would expect it to run in a Windows XP Virtual machine if you have 7 Pro or Ultimate..

All the best Brett :)
  4. I have an old Tekvisions 710A touchscreen, and I've successfully had it running under Windows 7 32 bit RTM for over a year. However, I just tried to run in under Windows 8 64 bit, and it won't work; likely because Tekvisions never released a 64 bit driver.

I am confident I can get it running under Windows 8 32 bit, based on past results.

Make sure you install the .exe in XP compatibility mode, and as Administrator. That's how I got it working under Win 7.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Touchscreen Touch-Screen X64 Windows 7