Sign in with
Your question

Dell inspiron n5110 drivers DVD

Last response: in Windows 7
July 22, 2012 12:31:29 AM

Hello, All of a sudden last week my DVD is not working and it doesn't show up in the device manager either.
I can't find any where to just download the driver so my computer recognizes it. Maybe you can help me. My
email is janiehjorth@yahoo.com

Any help will be sooo..much appreicated!

Thanks,

Janie Hjorth
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 22, 2012 12:42:54 AM

just out of curiosity why do you think you need a driver to resolve the problem? did you recently add or remove some drivers? does the bios see the optical drive?
July 22, 2012 7:55:47 AM

Hi! I have NOT added or removed anything. The Bios does not recognize my built in DVD Player, Burner etc. I just thought maybe that is what I needed. Does not even show up in the device manager. No, the bios is not seeing the optical drive!
Thanks for your help.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
July 22, 2012 8:28:47 AM

First, try moving the dvd burner to a different SATA port. If that doesn't help, then I think you've got a dead drive.
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 22, 2012 12:45:17 PM

abekl said:
First, try moving the dvd burner to a different SATA port. If that doesn't help, then I think you've got a dead drive.

Hi :) 

Thats a laptop..you cannot move ports.....

OP...check if seen in Bios, if not...new drive time...

All the best Brett :) 
October 18, 2012 5:20:38 PM

:lol: 
janiehjorth said:
Hello, All of a sudden last week my DVD is not working and it doesn't show up in the device manager either.
I can't find any where to just download the driver so my computer recognizes it. Maybe you can help me. My

Thanks,

Janie Hjorth

October 18, 2012 5:26:12 PM

janiehjorth said:

Thanks,

Janie Hjorth

October 18, 2012 5:26:30 PM

:o 
janiehjorth said:

Thanks,

Janie Hjorth

!