FS: SONY R7 Digital Reverb

Last response: in Home Audio
August 8, 2005 5:20:38 PM

FS - SONY R7 Reverb in excellent shape

This is the piece many of you know and love, I'm putting it FS here
first because the folks on RAP appreciate these things.

If I don't get any bites here, I'll put it up on Ebay in a while...

After owning a couple of them, I've come to the realization that:

1. I'm more of a "reverb as an effect guy"

The Sony does rooms/chambers/plates very well, but it doesn't have that
effecty-gooey kinda sound that I prefer

In particuliar this unit is very good at doing small spaces without the
"bb's in a coffee can sound" that cheaper verbs give you

2. It's pretty deep parameterwise and my brain finds the
Lexicon/TC/Yamaha interfaces easier to work.

I bought this one about six months ago, at the time it showed up (from
a broker house) with a dead battery, so they took it back and replaced
the battery.

So the new battery has a full charge (this is a major plus with the
R7), the manual is included (not a great manual but it's nice to have)
and the unit is in great shape.

Drop me a line if you are interested...I'm in the greater DC area if
you want to do a local deal.

Buyer to pay shipping otherwise.

PRICE - $325 OBO

Thanks!

Analogeezer

More about : sony digital reverb

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 9:43:49 PM

I have had one of these for about a year now, bought on Scott Dorsey's
recommendation, I think. It is the only piece of gear I have ever
owned that the presets work so well, I have not bothered to learn how
to tweak the umpteen million parameters it has in it.

I mainly record jazz, so natural reverbs were my aim. These sound good
even when cranked into "obviously added artificial reverb" territory.

On 8 Aug 2005 13:20:38 -0700, analogeezer@aerosolkings.com wrote:

>FS - SONY R7 Reverb in excellent shape
>
>This is the piece many of you know and love, I'm putting it FS here
>first because the folks on RAP appreciate these things.
>
>If I don't get any bites here, I'll put it up on Ebay in a while...
>
>After owning a couple of them, I've come to the realization that:
>
>1. I'm more of a "reverb as an effect guy"
>
>The Sony does rooms/chambers/plates very well, but it doesn't have that
>effecty-gooey kinda sound that I prefer
>
>In particuliar this unit is very good at doing small spaces without the
>"bb's in a coffee can sound" that cheaper verbs give you
>
>2. It's pretty deep parameterwise and my brain finds the
>Lexicon/TC/Yamaha interfaces easier to work.
>
>I bought this one about six months ago, at the time it showed up (from
>a broker house) with a dead battery, so they took it back and replaced
>the battery.
>
>So the new battery has a full charge (this is a major plus with the
>R7), the manual is included (not a great manual but it's nice to have)
>and the unit is in great shape.
>
>Drop me a line if you are interested...I'm in the greater DC area if
>you want to do a local deal.
>
>Buyer to pay shipping otherwise.
>
>PRICE - $325 OBO
>
>Thanks!
>
>Analogeezer

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 10:34:17 PM

"Willie K. Yee, MD" <wkyee@bestweb.net> wrote in message news:42fa3c2a.159321281@nntp.bestweb.net...

> I have had one of these for about a year now, bought on Scott Dorsey's
> recommendation, I think. It is the only piece of gear I have ever
> owned that the presets work so well, I have not bothered to learn how
> to tweak the umpteen million parameters it has in it.
>
> I mainly record jazz, so natural reverbs were my aim. These sound good
> even when cranked into "obviously added artificial reverb" territory.

I know it has my recommendation... and I love the tweakability.

DM
!