online gaming

when trying to play,a new online game called guild wars my system freezes,and
i receive an error massage saying that windows has detected,and recovered
from a device failure,and i must reboot

Hi knight,

"thenewknight" <thenewknight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24D17AB8-43DA-453E-A222-C594D75D7F4D@microsoft.com...
> when trying to play,a new online game called guild wars my system freezes,and
> i receive an error massage saying that windows has detected,and recovered
> from a device failure,and i must reboot

Hardware issues can cause freezing, black screens and other
errors. Also, your drivers should always be kept up to date.

Try the following steps one at a time to try and resolve the issue.
I hope this helps. Please post back if you have any questions! :)

1. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
Checklist of Solutions at: http://NibblesNbitsVideo.tk

2. Dust your fans, vents and components using a 1/4" paintbrush
and a hose vacuum. Use compressed air for hard to reach places.
Set a housefan to blow cold air into your case to expose an over-
heating issue.. If it works add more fans or replace defective ones.
Use this Motherboard Monitor Utility: http://mbm.livewiredev.com

3. A faulty power supply can cause STOP errors, random reboots,
and black screen lockups. One way to test for that is to check the
wattage sticker on your power supply and then calculate your need
http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ (Min. 350 for gaming)

4. Test your RAM using: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User