To create a new power plan:
1. Open Power Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.
2. In the left pane, click Create a power plan.
3. On the Create a power plan page, select the plan that's closest to the type of plan that you want to create.
4. In the Plan name box, type a name for the plan, such as "Giving a presentation," and then click Next.
5. On the Change settings for the plan page, choose the display and sleep settings that you want to use when your computer is running on battery and when it's plugged in.
To keep your display turned on during presentations
· Change the Turn off display after setting to Never for both On battery and Plugged in.
To keep your laptop awake during presentations
· Change the Put the computer to sleep setting to Never for both On Battery and Plugged in.
6. Click Create.
If you're using a laptop, your plan appears under Plans shown on the battery meter. If you're using a desktop computer, your plan appears under Preferred Plans. The plan that you based your new plan on is moved, and appears under Additional plans