Solved

Annoying popup

Is it just me? Annoying little window pops up at the start of every thread
http://prntscr.com/chtpx
That one, wanting me to add to F'book, Twitter etc. Obliterates the opening passages of threads... I've blocked all popups and still it appears.. How do I get rid?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about annoying popup
  1. not getting any pop ups here

using adblock and ghostery addons for firefox to stop them
  2. adblock FTW
  3. Using Ie, neither Adblocker nor Ghostery worked. It only appears on Tom's pages...
    But not on Firefox. (ok, I know what you'll suggest, but I don't like being bossed by a popup!)
  4. That's your problem, don't use IE.
    Problem solved.
  5. ghostery is a bit buggy in internet explorer

doesnt always block some pop ups

try firefox or chrome or similar and see if it still happens

edit--need to learn to type faster
  6. Tried Rt Click->Properties on the F'book Link, any clues as to where it might be coming from?
    http://prntscr.com/chyge
  7. The server IP Address is 78.109.91.18 and Ebuzzingvideo2.com resides on Typhon in France.

try blocking that ip address in your firewall to see if it helps
  8. Best answer
    Another bit of poor coding by the script monkies TH employ. Social networking bar not showing where it should and screwing up the look of the page. EPIC FAIL TH !!
  9. Not just me then! But only seems to apply to Ie...
    Meanwhile I'll cease to plough through the intricacies of blocking an individual ip in Windows Firewall...
  10. AND it only appears when the 'Show the Right Column' is enabled... which would explain why not everyone sees it...
  11. das_stig said:
    Another bit of poor coding by the script monkies TH employ. Social networking bar not showing where it should and screwing up the look of the page. EPIC FAIL TH !!

Thanks for sending me in the right direction....
    Conclusion, not my problem, up to Developers/Scropt writers to sort out....
  12. Best answer selected by dodger46.
Ask a new question

Read More

Twitter Windows 7 Books