Crt monitors experts needed

Final_Solution

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2004
Here is my story, 2 years ago I bought a beautiful viewsonic p95f+ I really appreciate this screen. A week ago or so one of my stupid familly member scratched my monitor real bad ( if I ever find out who did this he is a dead man).

I believe the coating is scratched but not the glass underneath. I did my research and I think there is no way to repair such dammage but I also found out that some people suggested to use somekind of windshield liquid scratch fix kit and car wax...sound crazy I know.

But since tomshardware's community is skilled Id like to an your opinion and advice on my problem. Shall I just buy a new one or there is a way to reduce the visibility of those scratch.

Ho by the way I tried one of thoses pre-moistened wipes that are designed for cleaning lcd crt scanner etc and it did absolutly no good.

I also emailed viewsonic's support and they told me to verify with an authorized repair center? Do you think they could do any good.

Regards
Simon L'Hérault

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If the anti-glare anti-static coating is scratched badly, you could remove it from the entire screen, but I'm not sure how.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
I keep seeing that stuff on tv that is made to fill in scraches on glasses, maybe that would work on a monitor? I have no idea if that would do it but I guess it is worth a shot if that stuff isn't expensive.
If it is under warranty you should be able to send it in for repair/replacement.
The antireflective coating is a thin layer of plastic like stuff on the tube and it can be peeled off. It will probably look worse w/o it than it does with it on and scrached.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>