Harddrive brackets? Where to buy

StylinLP

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2003
I need a 3.5 Hard drive to fit into a 5 1/4" internal bay. Can someone point me to a few sites that sells these? I can only find ones with built in fans

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Go to a good local PC shop and ask. They are a few $$.
Call them on the phone?

Go to a PC recycle store and ask. Maybe they have something lying around for $2.

Go to a flea market that deals in computers, ask.

Maybe the tech guy at work can dig up a set 4 u?

The loving are the daring!

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Depending on the size of the HDD you are installing and the amount of cooling already in your case, the ones with fans are a good idea. They will help larger faster HDD's stay cooler.

If I was as sexy as I was smart.....I'd still be ugly..DAMN :mad:
**Finally made Newbie...HAPPY DANCE..HAPPY DANCE..**

StylinLP

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2003
Thank you for the response! Much appreciated.

Im going to use 3 harddrives. The Desktop HTPC case is solid Aluminum. Its the D.vine 4. The case has 2 internal 3 1/2" bays and 1 5 1/4" bay.

I bought one 120gig Seagate HD for the C: drive OS software
Bought 2 Maxtor Serial ATA 200gig harddrives to be used as a RAID0. They are suppose to be the quietest. I just ogt that new Pentium 875 chipset Gigibyte MB that has built on Serial RAID.

If I have to use a bay adapter with built in fans. Which drive would most likely need it?
Im trying to make this HTPC as quiet as possible

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
These brackets are getting harder to find. You could use a removable drive enclosure instead, they are quite common.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS