Sign in with
Your question

Harddrive brackets? Where to buy

Last response: in Storage
August 27, 2003 9:56:40 PM

I need a 3.5 Hard drive to fit into a 5 1/4" internal bay. Can someone point me to a few sites that sells these? I can only find ones with built in fans

More about : harddrive brackets buy

August 27, 2003 10:52:10 PM

Go to a good local PC shop and ask. They are a few $$.
Call them on the phone?

Go to a PC recycle store and ask. Maybe they have something lying around for $2.

Go to a flea market that deals in computers, ask.

Maybe the tech guy at work can dig up a set 4 u?

The loving are the daring!
August 27, 2003 10:55:32 PM

Depending on the size of the HDD you are installing and the amount of cooling already in your case, the ones with fans are a good idea. They will help larger faster HDD's stay cooler.

If I was as sexy as I was smart.....I'd still be ugly..DAMN :mad: 
**Finally made Newbie...HAPPY DANCE..HAPPY DANCE..**
Related resources
August 27, 2003 11:25:29 PM

Thank you for the response! Much appreciated.

Im going to use 3 harddrives. The Desktop HTPC case is solid Aluminum. Its the D.vine 4. The case has 2 internal 3 1/2" bays and 1 5 1/4" bay.

I bought one 120gig Seagate HD for the C: drive OS software
Bought 2 Maxtor Serial ATA 200gig harddrives to be used as a RAID0. They are suppose to be the quietest. I just ogt that new Pentium 875 chipset Gigibyte MB that has built on Serial RAID.

If I have to use a bay adapter with built in fans. Which drive would most likely need it?
Im trying to make this HTPC as quiet as possible
August 28, 2003 12:34:20 AM

These brackets are getting harder to find. You could use a removable drive enclosure instead, they are quite common.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
August 28, 2003 4:24:58 AM

Of course ST HD will need this,for its terrible heating ability.
!