wireless usb adapter mn710

need help
hope someone can help me with my problem. we have dsl in
our house. went wirless. have a 98se, and xp home. my 98
works fine with adapter. my xp gives me a headache. the
adapter works, for a short time that is. some time for a
few min's, hours, or a couple of days. then it happens, my
system freezes. I tried differnt things but nothing seems
to work. hope someone out there can help me we this issue.
thanks

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Dear Donna,

Whar do me "freeze"? The connection freezes, or the
WinXP freezes? What base station are you using... MN-700?

First, thing, see if a hardwire connect to the base
solves the problem, or it contiues. That will ID the
wireless connection as the problem, not the OS.

The whole system freezes. Using a microsoft base station
MN 500,and my adapter is a microsoft. My 98 has a linksys
usb adapter it works fine. On my XP if I take adapter off
the system runs fine. I ever took my usb printer off and
it still did the same thing. I had it hardwired before
when we had dial-up, it was good. Have laptop also
wireless and it's fine. Hope this gives you more info.
Thanks

Ed

Donna,
I too have the same problem with the MN-710. It will work
for me for anywhere from 15 minutes to like three hours
and then yes, the entire system freezes. I checked with a
hardwired ethernet port and it worked fine. I went
further and tried the unit on another computer: no problem
there! Finally, I installed another wireless adaptor but
still had the same problem.

Microsoft support has come to the conclusion that it is my
operating system and are in the process of helping me with
it. I just need to find the time to sit on the phone with
them about it. BTW, I'm running an Emachine T2200+.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Ed

Hi Ed
I hope you have better luck then I did. I just bought a
pci wireless adapter today and installed it. System is
running fine(right now). Guy at Staples told me that it's
not the usb adapter but rather the system not liking it.
Said it just does'nt work with some pc. I guess I'll find
out. Going to let pc run for awhile. If you find any info
from MS, and it works could you let me know.
Thanks
Donna

TRENDING THREADS