Audigy 2 driver cd?

claisen

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2003
I just installed a new motherboard (the MSI Neo-2, based on the i865 chipset), and I'm having a hell of a time getting Windows to recognize my SB Audigy 2. All it detects is a "multimedia audio controller." The drivers I download from creative.com either say "no previous drivers found" or "no audigy 2 found."

I guess the big problem is that I can't find my Audigy 2 drivers CD. I've been told that it's necessary for installation, as would seem to be the case in my situation. Would anyone care to burn a copy of it for me? I'd be happy to pay for postage, or whatever. (And of course I have a legit SB Audigy 2... it's not like you can "pirate" the hardware over Kazaa or anything...)

I've done a million soundcard installs in the past, and I definitely know this shouldn't be so hard. But maybe there's something obvious I'm missing. Tell me your thoughts if you have other ideas. Thanks!

(Anyone so kind as to burn a copy for me can e-mail me at m_cascino(at)hotmail.com for more info.)

neveroldmilk

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2003
I dont know what system u have used,but if u use xp the system should download the drivers from internet(precisely from Microsoft).In other case,you can also install the drivers manually just by choosing update drivers option in the control panel.What u say cannt be setupped must be some auxillary softwares for windows.The basic sound card`s drivers surely could be used!

sargeduck

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002
Creative is very anal about losing your orginal driver cd. After I formatted, I tried to download the drivers from creative, and I got an error msg the same as yours. I then used my driver cd, installed the driver, then applied the updates. This is very stupid on behalf of creative, becuase if you lose your cd, then you are supposed to go to the website and order the driver cd. gay.

I would burn you my disk, unfortunately I only have Audigy, not Audigy2.