cis 336 modem

i have a cis ws-3314js3 voice modem and no documentation for it!
does anyone know what the dipswitch settings are?
i found the drivers (old) after looking for two days.
i have tried e-mailing the company and searching thier site.
but have had no luck.

who is more foolish...
the fool, or the fool that takes his advice?

jlanka

Splendid
You're right - it is very difficult to find any info on that modem.. Here's a post I found on usenet that may be helpful. FWIW.

In article <8mhaht$ksm$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, <canad@my-deja.com> wrote:
> I tried to learn more about my modem. I opened the case and looked
>at the modem. Its written on the chip that it is a ROCKWELL MODEM ,
>MODEL: FB WS-3314JS
>FCC ID: l40WS-3314JS

Your modem is sold under the names:
Wisecom WS-3314JS3 www.wisecominc.com
Harmony HM18013-3 www.harmonyusa.com

It has been shown to work under Linux, and once you figure out the DIP
switch settings, it will be easy.

http://www.cisusa.com/jump.html

> About jumpers! I don't know if they are jumpers , but there are
>switches on the back of the modem card ( just near the line-phone plug
>in) , which were numbered from 1 to 6. It shows that "ON" is down , and
>only 2 and 4th were switched down.(which means i think only these two
>are ON). The other four ( 1 , 3 , 5 , and 6 ) are switched up.

Looks like COM2, IRQ3: a standard setting

So in Linux,

ln -s /dev/ttyS1 /dev/modem

Your modem is on /dev/modem, which is now symbolically linked to
/dev/ttyS1 (COM2). Now you can test your modem using minicom. See the
Modem-HOWTO at http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO for details.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>