Age of Mythology

When attempting to play multiplayer on the ES server I try to create an
account and it says unable to obtain country information unknown error, as a
result I cannot create an account as this field is mandatory, any ideas?

Hi Jet,

"Jet" <Jet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E7E0482-D2B8-43FA-AD5B-EDDF2D55DD27@microsoft.com...
> When attempting to play multiplayer on the ES server I try to create an
> account and it says unable to obtain country information unknown error, as a
> result I cannot create an account as this field is mandatory, any ideas?

That error sometimes occurs if the default language isn't recognized.
To correct the issue, change your default language to English US:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Date, Time, Language and Regional Options.
3. Click Regional and Language Options.
4. On the Regional Options tab, under Standards and formats
select English (United States).
5. Click OK.
6. Start Age of Mythology, and then create the account.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms