Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ok i did something to my hd... it reads errors when trying to access c drive ina

Last response: in Windows 7
July 22, 2012 10:55:43 PM

ok i did something to my hd... it reads errors when trying to access c drive in any way shape or form, so... i want to put windows 7 os onto a particianed e drive. can anyone explain this to me in real life instructions? (ridicule can b kept...were not all awesome techies!)
July 22, 2012 11:22:24 PM

brandy81 said:
ok i did something to my hd... it reads errors when trying to access c drive in any way shape or form, so... i want to put windows 7 os onto a particianed e drive. can anyone explain this to me in real life instructions? (ridicule can b kept...were not all awesome techies!)

if the E partition is on the same physical drive as C, how do we know E is any healthier than C?

what kind of computer is this? did it come with a recovery partition or recovery discs? if not, do you have windows 7 install media?
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
July 22, 2012 11:58:20 PM

The hard drive may not be faulty, you should download your hard drives manufacturer diagnostic software from their web site. If the hard drive is good then the fault could be that the format on the drive is bad in which case you will need to re format the drive or try CHKDSK /F or you have problem memory.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 23, 2012 12:00:09 AM

Best answer selected by brandy81.
m
l
July 23, 2012 12:07:17 AM

thats exactilly what happen! i was trying to fix the admin settings tht my kids messed up and in the process clicked something tht killed my c drive. nothing is operational,yet still there. and i know my e drive is good bcuz mjy movies were still working (e drive) until now it only starts in safe mode, lol tryin so hard to fix it and just tore it up more... its a hp 32 b os 450hd 4g ram. it doesnt even have any kind of system restore. says: system restoredoes not appear to be functioning properly on this system
m
l
July 23, 2012 12:14:17 AM

ok so how do i reformat the c drive? i can do most things but i did not go to school or anything.
m
l
July 23, 2012 12:33:37 AM

first what kind of errors are you getting?
crc errors or access denied errors?
m
l
July 23, 2012 12:44:35 AM

an error occured while toubleshooting an unexpected rror has occured. wizard can not continue
m
l
July 23, 2012 12:46:28 AM

c:/ is not avail.
access is denied
m
l
July 23, 2012 1:21:47 AM

flank21 said:
first what kind of errors are you getting?
crc errors or access denied errors?

im also trying to put it on my c drive and it says windows can not retrieve info about these discs
m
l
!