Help with audio install.

Last response: in Home Audio
August 13, 2005 11:25:01 PM

I would like someone to offer suggestions on the idea. I have the
automotive know how, but have not really delt with that much with audio
modification.

I am planning to install a 5 channel amp and 10" sub in the parcel
holder behind the seats on my 1987 300zx. There is a recess with a
hinged carpeted panel over it. It measures "roughly" 4 feet wide and
12" deep.

I plan on lining the body cavity with body undercoating to reduce
distortion and laying a piece of plywood across the opening with
eurolastimer sealer to seal the gaps. I will cut out the hole behind
the pass. side and mount the amp on the outside of the plywood in the
center (between the seats). That way at a later date I have the
possibility to add a second sub behind the driver. This way I can use
the carpeted cover to hide any signs of the setup. I will attach snaps
of somekind to keep the panel from vibrating.

I know amp sound/deepness depends on the amount of air behind the
speaker, should I split the void between the seats to make two seperate
pockets or leave it as one space?

Mark.

More about : audio install

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 8:42:55 PM

"imlosthere" <imlosthere@excite.com> wrote in message
> I would like someone to offer suggestions on the idea. I have the
> automotive know how, but have not really delt with that much with audio
> modification.
>
> I am planning to install a 5 channel amp and 10" sub in the parcel
> holder behind the seats on my 1987 300zx. There is a recess with a
> hinged carpeted panel over it. It measures "roughly" 4 feet wide and
> 12" deep.
>
> I plan on lining the body cavity with body undercoating to reduce
> distortion and laying a piece of plywood across the opening with
> eurolastimer sealer to seal the gaps. I will cut out the hole behind
> the pass. side and mount the amp on the outside of the plywood in the
> center (between the seats). That way at a later date I have the
> possibility to add a second sub behind the driver. This way I can use
> the carpeted cover to hide any signs of the setup. I will attach snaps
> of somekind to keep the panel from vibrating.
>
> I know amp sound/deepness depends on the amount of air behind the
> speaker, should I split the void between the seats to make two seperate
> pockets or leave it as one space?
>

> Mark.

got any room left for the mixer, fx rack, and digital workstation?
!