dual dvi graphics card

trinimoses

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2003
ok..guys.. i am new to this board...

I was wondering if you all can help me with this.. I am looking for a dual dvi graphics card that is good for a workstation and also for gaming...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You should look at workstation graphics cards, ATI and Matrox offer some with two DVI outputs. An ATI card would be better for gaming.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

draxsath

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003
i'm not posotive about this, but from what i've figured out from dual displayes is that in wondows they would be cool as hell, but if your playing games across 2 monitors, it makes sense to me that it would have to render the image twice. that could be some serious lag! some graphics cards have enough trouble rendering one screen, let alone two. though i've never had any expirience with dual display, i thought about getting one and decided it wasnt really worth it... :p

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Duel Screens do not render the info twice. The card has a component on it called a RAMDEC, this takes the signal from the rendering, and sends it to the screen. Certian games, like flight Simulator can take advantage of this feature, but most cannot.

If it works for you then don't fix it.