I Need To Learn How To Mic A Drum Set With only Three Mics

Last response: in Home Audio
August 14, 2005 9:17:12 PM

Hi Everybody I need To Learn How to Mic A Drumset With Only Three Mics
2 Samson c01 Studio Condensers,And 1 Shure sm58
And I Need To Learn quickly Because I AM Recording TONIGHT!
PLEASE REPLY

SINCERLY,
ANDY R.
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 9:27:07 PM

OH AND I ALSO FORGOT I'M USING A ZOOM MRS-1608 MULTITRACK RECORDER
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 9:47:58 PM

THE DRUMMER'S TO GOOD TO REPLACE WITH A DRUM MACHINE
August 15, 2005 12:30:40 AM

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 17:27:07 -0700, Andy R. wrote:

> OH AND I ALSO FORGOT I'M USING A ZOOM MRS-1608 MULTITRACK RECORDER

Forget about my last post.

Fire the drummer and use the Drums and Bass from the Zoom.

--
flatfish
"Why Do they Call It A flatfish?"

Check out Fletcher's 3 mic technique:

http://www.mercenary.com/3micdrumstuf.html

Enjoy.

Mario

"Andy R." <andromeda05@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everybody I need To Learn How to Mic A Drumset With Only Three Mics
> 2 Samson c01 Studio Condensers,And 1 Shure sm58
> And I Need To Learn quickly Because I AM Recording TONIGHT!
> PLEASE REPLY
>
> SINCERLY,
> ANDY R.

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 2:57:37 AM

http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording/tapeop/drums.php

"Andy R." <andromeda05@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everybody I need To Learn How to Mic A Drumset With Only Three Mics
> 2 Samson c01 Studio Condensers,And 1 Shure sm58
> And I Need To Learn quickly Because I AM Recording TONIGHT!
> PLEASE REPLY
>
> SINCERLY,
> ANDY R.

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 11:49:13 AM

In article <1124066878.178393.213970@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> andromeda05@gmail.com writes:

> THE DRUMMER'S TO GOOD TO REPLACE WITH A DRUM MACHINE

Forget two of the mics. Put one of the Samsons about four feet high
and four feet in front of the drum kit and start recording. Don't even
bother to listen and move the mic around. You won't know what you're
hearing.

Will anyone else be playing in the same room as the drummer while
you're recording the drums? That could complicate things.

August 15, 2005 6:54:29 PM

In article <1124065032.594823.16430@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"Andy R." <andromeda05@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everybody I need To Learn How to Mic A Drumset With Only Three Mics
> 2 Samson c01 Studio Condensers,And 1 Shure sm58
> And I Need To Learn quickly Because I AM Recording TONIGHT!
> PLEASE REPLY
>
> SINCERLY,
> ANDY R.

Hi Everybody I need To Learn quickly How To Remove Appendix Because I AM
Operating TONIGHT!

PLEASE REPLY

SINCERLY,
DAVID C.

(Sorry, just couldn't resist - it's what it sounded like to me ;>)
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 7:08:27 PM

On 8/14/05 8:17 PM, in article
1124065032.594823.16430@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Andy R."
<andromeda05@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everybody I need To Learn How to Mic A Drumset With Only Three Mics
> 2 Samson c01 Studio Condensers,And 1 Shure sm58
> And I Need To Learn quickly Because I AM Recording TONIGHT!
> PLEASE REPLY
>
> SINCERLY,
> ANDY R.

58 on the snare
Condensor overhead with a primo view of the snare and tom heads
Cond on the kick (beater or front side U-Pik)
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 8:13:57 PM

Andy R. wrote:
> Hi Everybody I need To Learn How to Mic A Drumset With Only Three Mics
> 2 Samson c01 Studio Condensers,And 1 Shure sm58
> And I Need To Learn quickly Because I AM Recording TONIGHT!
> PLEASE REPLY
>
> SINCERLY,
> ANDY R.

XY pair for overheads and one on the foot.
Phil Brown
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 11:40:08 PM

In article <cassette1-C29B47.14542915082005@comcast.dca.giganews.com> cassette1@comcast.net writes:

> Hi Everybody I need To Learn quickly How To Remove Appendix Because I AM
> Operating TONIGHT!

Hi, everybody.

Can someone tell me how to play the violin? I bought a good one but it
doesn't have any frets and I'm not sure where to put my fingers. Also,
how do you use a bow?

Please reply soon. I have a recital booked tonight.

August 16, 2005 12:04:32 AM

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:40:08 -0400, Mike Rivers wrote:

> Can someone tell me how to play the violin? I bought a good one but it
> doesn't have any frets and I'm not sure where to put my fingers. Also,
> how do you use a bow?
>
> Please reply soon. I have a recital booked tonight.

First you have to find a cat....
A LARGE cat.......

--
flatfish
"Why Do they Call It A flatfish?"
"What is Linux?"
http://www.linuxlinks.com/Beginners/
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 4:24:45 AM

>Hi Everybody I need To Learn quickly How To Remove Appendix Because I AM
>Operating TONIGHT!
>
>PLEASE REPLY
>

>SINCERLY,
> DAVID C.

Just be sure to use a low cut and avoid the cardoid artery.

Kurt Riemann
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 5:14:03 AM

On 8/15/05 2:54 PM, in article
cassette1-C29B47.14542915082005@comcast.dca.giganews.com, "david correia"
<cassette1@comcast.net> wrote:

> In article <1124065032.594823.16430@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> "Andy R." <andromeda05@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Everybody I need To Learn How to Mic A Drumset With Only Three Mics
>> 2 Samson c01 Studio Condensers,And 1 Shure sm58
>> And I Need To Learn quickly Because I AM Recording TONIGHT!
>> PLEASE REPLY

Use the TV-Magic-Knife paring knife dipped in alcohol
Have a Manhasset stand holding GREYs off to your left.

>> SINCERLY,
>> ANDY R.
>

> Hi Everybody I need To Learn quickly How To Remove Appendix Because I AM
> Operating TONIGHT!
>
> PLEASE REPLY
>
> SINCERLY,
> DAVID C.
>

> (Sorry, just couldn't resist - it's what it sounded like to me ;>)

Well it IS...
we are So damned tired of these things after a decade of this sort of
nonsense that either we kneejerk andTell truth and thus make The Impatient
Young Turks get their bloomers in a bunch calling us names, or we give a
1-line answer and pour more scotch.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 9:14:36 PM

"flatfish" <flatfish@linuxmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:40:08 -0400, Mike Rivers wrote:
>

>> Can someone tell me how to play the violin? I bought a good one but it
>> doesn't have any frets and I'm not sure where to put my fingers. Also,
>> how do you use a bow?
>>
>> Please reply soon. I have a recital booked tonight.
>
> First you have to find a cat....
> A LARGE cat.......

Small puxxxxx, ooops cats go LOUDER !

geoff
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 7:59:18 PM

everything is in the same room as the drummer
!