saloniker

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
Hallo dudes.I have just formated my hard drive and I tried to install XP PRO. Unfortunately during the installation, usually after the installation files had been exctracted to memory, I am getting a blue screen with a message similar to that :Windows was shut down in order to prevent damaging your hardware......

PAGE_FAULT_IN NONPAGED AREA ........
And it ends with the following:

Technical info:
Stop
0x00000050 (0xEBC33E6D,0X0000001,0XF9A4D38,0X0000002)
ISAPNP.SYS ADRESS F9A42000

I did formated my hard disk because lately most of my games crashed showing me a message that was saying "memory could not be read" or the P.C war restarting. After that I used the fail-safe setting for the memory form bios but the problem continued. My memory is two dimms of 256MB DDR 333(Brand pretty unkhown to me "Rubicom"). I tried to perform the installation with one of the dimms but it showed me the same message again. Should I blame memory or it could be something else? What can I do to get at least a clue about my prob? The rest of my hardware is:

X-dream Cooler
Athlon 2000+
Mobo:Abit kx7
DVD drive
Plextor Cd-R
Maxtor 60 GB ATA 133 7200PRM
GeForce Ti 4200 128MB 8x

PAX

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
It´s highly unlikely that both your memory sticks would be dead, so if running on each stick alone doesn´t fix it, it might be your mainboard.

It could also be your harddrive, those game crashes could be due to bad sectors. It´s a bit far fetched, but try running a surface scan of your drive just to make sure.

On a side note, what kind of power-supply are you using, and have you recently added new hardware to the system?

-------------
Pax vobiscum!