Will getting Good Soundcard make much Difference with Head..

Last response: in Home Audio
August 15, 2005 10:55:03 AM

Hi and thanks in advance for your help.

I'm think about upgrading my PC soundcard (soundblaster Live 5.10) to
an Audigy 2.

Will this make much difference to the quility of sound I receive as I
only use headphones? (Just basic Sennheiser MX500 at the moment buy
might upgrade)

thanks
JimBob
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 2:01:24 PM

jboriii wrote ...
> I'm think about upgrading my PC soundcard (soundblaster Live 5.10) to
> an Audigy 2.
>
> Will this make much difference to the quility of sound I receive as I
> only use headphones? (Just basic Sennheiser MX500 at the moment buy
> might upgrade)

Doubtful. Spend you money on better headphones or speakers.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 2:22:08 PM

<jboriii@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi and thanks in advance for your help.
>
> I'm think about upgrading my PC soundcard (soundblaster
> Live 5.10) to an Audigy 2.
>
> Will this make much difference to the quility of sound I
> receive as I only use headphones?

SoundBlaster Live!, especially recent models are not
bad-sounding audio interfaces.

Headphones generally allow you to be more critical of audio
than the usual run of cheap PC speakers.

>(Just basic Sennheiser MX500 at the moment buy might
>upgrade)

If you want better sound quality and have limited cash flow,
upgrade the headphones or speakers first.
August 15, 2005 6:25:25 PM

> <jboriii@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi and thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>> I'm think about upgrading my PC soundcard (soundblaster
>> Live 5.10) to an Audigy 2.

I doubt you'll notice any difference quality-wise between those two
soundcards. I have a Soundblaster Live and it's not bad at all actually.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 5:18:57 AM

On 15 Aug 2005 06:55:03 -0700, jboriii@hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi and thanks in advance for your help.
>
>I'm think about upgrading my PC soundcard (soundblaster Live 5.10) to
>an Audigy 2.
>
>Will this make much difference to the quility of sound I receive as I
>only use headphones? (Just basic Sennheiser MX500 at the moment buy
>might upgrade)

Not really. There may be a point in upgrading to a REALLY better
soundcard. Particularly if you're into multitrack recording. But
if you're sticking with domestic/gamer soundcards, one Creative card
sounds much the same as another.
!