brybond1989

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Hey guys, I am shopping around for a solid gaming laptop that is somewhere in the $2500.00 range. I want to get something I can carry around and hook together for LAN games with my friends, so I am not very concerned with fancy side features (like TV tuners or Blue Ray readers). The laptop that I am currently leaning toward is the Aviator AX20, but I just heard about the Dell XPS M1710. I checked out the specs and it looks pretty high end too. My only concern is going down from a 20” screen to a 17”. However the Dell does have Core 2 Duo and is a pretty popular buy online. Will I really see a significant change in performance worth having a smaller screen or should I stick with the AX20. Also if I am ignoring any other good gaming laptops please share it with me. Thanks,
Bryant

Sorry about not posting sooner. You won't notice much difference because the 17'' screen actually has a higher resolution. If you are still looking, check out killernotebooks.com. They have two systems that are similar to both laptops you are looking at and will probably provide better support than either company.