Video driver crash on WIN7

Melkiah

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Hi there,
i'm writing here for a problem i've been experiencing for months. While the system is running (most of the times while playing, other times doing other thing like video-calls or even being idle on the desktop) the video drivers crash, creating distorsions and artifacts on the screen. Sometimes the pc manages to recover it, sometimes it crashes/bsod forcing me to reboot. Also, when i have to reboot i must shut down the pc and turn off the PSU because with a simple reboot the problem would start as soon as windows finishes its startup. After trying different versions of the video drivers, different hardware configurations and stress-testing the CPU and the RAM of the video card withount encountering any errors, i noticed that the problem affetcs only my video card/drivers under WIN7 (Ultimate 64bit). In fact, under XP i never encountered such errors. I don't know what other things i could do to understand and solve the problem. I'll write here my hardware configurations, even if as i already said the problem is encountered only with my video card under windows 7:

Video Card: nVidia Geforce 470 GTX
CPU: AMD FX 6200 6-core 3.8Ghz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 600W

Thanks in advance for your answers