Tascam US122 problems

Last response: in Home Audio
August 19, 2005 4:01:48 PM

Has anyone out there had the same trouble as me?
a while back i bought a US122 a month or so later
the Left channel died..
I got a replacement, now the Right channels died!

at best it picks up a distorted quiet signle..

Any ideas ?

More about : tascam us122 problems

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 7:59:47 PM

I was just away to suggest the same thing as Mike Rivers as it sounds
very similar to a dead channel on my MD8, which was fried the same way!
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:24:21 PM

In article <1124477098.381286.118070@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> mervdub@yahoo.co.uk writes:

> Has anyone out there had the same trouble as me?
> a while back i bought a US122 a month or so later
> the Left channel died..
> I got a replacement, now the Right channels died!

I had one in for review and one channel died. Actually, I killed it by
plugging in a mic with the phantom power turned on. It isn't producted
against the high voltage transients that can occur when you can do
that. If you've been using phantom power and haven't been turning it
off when connecting or disconnecting mics, that's probably what's
doing it.