Giant Squid Mics

Last response: in Home Audio
August 19, 2005 10:19:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Has anybody tried any mics from these folks? I took a look at their mics
and they look promising to pair up with my JB3 for portable recording.
Their website is
www.giant-squid-audio-lab.com

regards
Ron Wiebe

More about : giant squid mics

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:19:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

You could make similiar micĀ“s Yourself by buying Panasonics cacpsules
and some components, Google DIY mics or similiar. Matti
Ron Wiebe (at) kirjoitti:

> Has anybody tried any mics from these folks? I took a look at their mics
> and they look promising to pair up with my JB3 for portable recording.
> Their website is
> www.giant-squid-audio-lab.com
>
> regards
> Ron Wiebe
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 10:57:27 AM

"Ron Wiebe" <ronwiebe (at) gmail.com> wrote in message

> Has anybody tried any mics from these folks? I took a
> look at their mics and they look promising to pair up
> with my JB3 for portable recording. Their website is
> www.giant-squid-audio-lab.com

It must have been 20 or more years ago that Bern Muller and
I wrote a little article ground-breaking for Audio Amateur
magazine, observing that certain recently-released Panasonic
miniature omnidirectional electret microphones being sold
for a couple bucks by Digi-Key, were really pretty good.
Since then all sorts of people including Bern and I have
used them for recording and technical measurements.
Behringer packages Chinese clones of them into their ECM8000
microphone. This is just more of the same.
!