Configuring MN-500 for SBC DSL Home Network

Anyone have experience setting up a home WiFi network
(using the MN-500 Wireless Base Station) with SBC as
their Broadband ISP? I have a 5100 Speedstream DSL
modem. Just wondering whether there are any special
configuration settings that I should be aware of before
tackling this upgrade?
3 answers Last reply
More about configuring home network

    I also have sbc dsl
    all you need is your user name and password.
    be sure to set it up as "PPPoE" type of WAN.
    it should set up without any problems.
    Ed

    Thanks Ed! I expected as much, but its nice to get
    confirmation from someone withe first hand experience.

    There are a few ISPs which have issues with the way the username is entered,
    including SBC, Yahoo and Ameritech, as cited in this Microsoft Knowledge
    Base article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810965&Product=MSbbn
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "Chuck VDW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks Ed! I expected as much, but its nice to get
    > confirmation from someone withe first hand experience.

Routers Internet Service Providers DSL Networking