Random BSODS and programs crashing.

TheReignOfChaos

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Hello,

For the past few months now my computer has been running very slowly, with programs constantly crashing and at least 3 times a day I get a BSOD, sometimes more.

The blue screens always either read Memory_Management or Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area, and bluescreenview says that ntoskrnl.exe is the culprit.
I have no idea how to read these logs and I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Besides the BSODS, the computer just isn't performing as well as it should. Applications always stop working, pages in chrome randomly crash and where I used to be able to get 60+ FPS in games, I now barely manage 40-50. For some reason I am also unable to complete a windows update.

I have reinstalled windows about 5 times, and I'm on a recently fresh windows right now, which leads me to believe that it is hardware, but I have no idea how to check.

Here are some of my dump files:
http://dropcanvas.com/zx9dz

I would really appreciate some help, thanks!

You may have an older computer and the updates or drivers may not be compatible.
You did not list your hardware.
Once you reload the OS, did you try loading critical updates only?
As I recall you do not need to install "all" the updates.
Once you have installed the OS, loaded critical updates only, shut off the automatic updates.
Now see if it will run and continue to run...
Please do not be obsessed with updating. Especially if you have an older computer.
The older machines may not handle all the newest software or drivers....or even the newer machines may have a conflict somewhere.

Also, limit the number of programs or applications to minimum until you find some stability.

I would try allocating more paging memory, but I don't know how much you have to start with.

start will the simple stuff. open the case and blow the dust out and check your cpu and gpu fans. they should be moving fine and not slow. extra heat on the cpu or gpu will make the system have to clock down so that it wont shut down or over heat. boot up memtest from a cd or usb stick. if you have errors with memtest turn off the pc and pull one dimm and restart..if fine after a few runs..swap dimm...(make sure you turn off and unplug your ps when you do this) if the swap dimm errors out then you have a bad dimm..if not...put in the other dimm back in...if the system fails again will the same code it could be ram or the mb..bad slot..try moving one stick to another slot and restest. also use fanspeed or hardware monitor to look at your temps..cpu-z good to read your ram and mb info..gpu-z for your video card. also use hardware monitor to log your system ps voltages. as power supply age they can have a cap go bad or leak in them.

TheReignOfChaos

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Here's the hardware:

System Manufacturer/Model Number
Custom Build Desktop.

OS
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz - Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. SABERTOOTH P67 (LGA1155)

Memory
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)

Graphics Card(s)
1279MB GeForce GTX 570 (Undefined)

Sound Card
Realtek High Definition Audio - NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Monitor(s) Displays
BenQ G2420HD on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Screen Resolution
1920x1080 pixels

Hard Drives
SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device

Corsair CSSD-F60GB2-A SCSI Disk Device

PSU