DudeRighteous

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Ok, I have a P4 3.2ghz 800mhz Ht, MSI-NEO 2 FSIR, and 512mb of Corsair DDR400 Twinx 3200LL, I went into the bios to change the dynamic overclock preference to General, after reboot, all I get now is the computer locking up when it boots windows or some times when on first start, I don't even get a post just the endless intilaizing of the floppy. I cleared the cmos and restarted, loaded default bios settings, and it booted no prob, so I restarted but then locks up on windows booting, only way to get it to boot is if I reset the cmos and boot. Also thing to note is after the cmos reset, and I boot then restart the dram timings changed. Memory damaged? Motherboard damaged? Cpu?

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
Who knows. I would test the memory first. Memtest86 should do the trick. If there are errors you know the drill.

However in the BIOS, what are your settings. Maybe there are some other changes that your memory may or may not like.

That is the place to start.

<A HREF="http://www.stompfest.com" target="_new">Stompfest Sept. 13-14 - Indy. IN</A> - Should be some good gaming!!!