Sign in with
Your question

I almost binned a Fortron PSU! :P

Last response: in Components
September 10, 2003 8:14:11 PM

Ain't life full of surprises...

My case is an AOpen H600A with what I thought was a crappy bundled 300W PSU; I run a Pal XP2100+/1024MB, 2 optical drives, a 7200 rpm HD, and several fans off it.

I was going to buy another PSU as part of my external PSU upgrade (don't ask), but then I dug out the label (I removed when I modded the enclosure) and found it that it was an FSP300-60ATV; it is actually capable of 390W and is one of THG's star PSUs!

Live and learn etc...

(I still don't understand why these reputedly excellent PSUs are marketed as cheap alternatives [and Sparkles are cheap] to Antex/Enermax etc.)

"Some mice have two buttons. Macintosh has one. So it's extremely difficult to push the wrong button." - Apple ad. circa 1984.

More about : binned fortron psu

a b ) Power supply
September 11, 2003 2:10:03 AM

Good Discovery

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>
September 11, 2003 6:25:34 AM

I keep telling people Aopen and Inwin use Fortron power supplies!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
September 12, 2003 12:08:48 AM

man if u throw that out, Crash will kill u ;) 

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF
!