JavaLawyer

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003
I need to purchase small molex pins for a case fan power connector. I am referring to the small 3-pin adapter, not the large rectangular 4-pin molex.

Is there an industry name/size for these smaller molex pins? What is the name of the plastic housing?

I found a number of online retailers selling "fan tails" consisting of the connector with a length of wire attached. I just need a bag of molex pins and several empty housings. I only ran across one retailer that sold individual housings with 3 pins (for $2 each!).

I must be searching for the wrong name, else I would have found lots of places to make my purchase. Please help.

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
best thing is to go to an electronics equipment retailer, such as Radio shack (though there are better places, check the Yellow Pages)... They're simply called 3-pin Molex connectors (Molex is the manufacturer).

<b>don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand</b>

...<i><b><A HREF="http://home.graffiti.net/error_911:graffiti.net/specs.html" target="_new">system specs</A></b></i>

JavaLawyer

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003
Radio shack does not carry them.

FYI: There are at least 50+ varieties of molex pin types that I know of -- molex is a general term, not a specific part.