Your question

Using SSD Drives

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
July 24, 2012 1:48:34 PM

Hello,
Hi
If it is possible I would like to be able to make use of my 60gb SSD drive .I had in mind to run FSX from that drive .My Bios recognised the drive in the system bu t windows7 does not.

More about : ssd drives

July 24, 2012 1:55:08 PM

You would actually see more benefit loading your OS on the SSD and all of your data (including installed programs and Flight Sim X) on your regular HDD.

If Windows isn't seeing the drive, try going to your start menu and typing this into the search bar (or go to "Run" if you are on XP): compmgmt.msc

You will see Disk Mangement on the left side. Here you can format your SSD. However, I would recommend doing a bit of Googling about SSDs in general before starting to use one. They handle data quite differently than regular HDDs.
July 24, 2012 1:57:37 PM

you could also get another 60gb drive and put them together in a raid 0 for your OS.
July 24, 2012 2:44:23 PM

DarkOutlaw said:
you could also get another 60gb drive and put them together in a raid 0 for your OS.

I would spend the money on a single 128GB rather than 2 60GB drives. I'm not sure that a RAID 0 configuration for current SSDs is good for anything except e-peen.
!