Hey Scott Dorsey [ to the tune of Bo Didley ] Peluso mics ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are they in your State ? curious if you have had any exposure
to them , specifically the intended " schoeps " compared sd models ?
If allot of people are using the Scheops style electronics , then
it's all up to the capsules and where they come from [ w / QC ] ?

They aren't anywhere around here to try ,

regards Greg

In article <zp_Oe.298218$5V4.146853@pd7tw3no>, GKB <gboboski@shaw.ca> wrote:
> Are they in your State ? curious if you have had any exposure
>to them , specifically the intended " schoeps " compared sd models ?

They are out west in Virginia, actually near where Sontec was and the
old Capitol Audiotape plant. I keep meaning to visit them.

> If allot of people are using the Scheops style electronics , then
>it's all up to the capsules and where they come from [ w / QC ] ?

And the quality of the components used in the electronics. And the
design of the grilles and case.

To be honest, it's not hard to make good clean electronics, but it's
pretty much impossible to make a perfectly clean capsule and body.
The electronics design is easy and most of the problems were solved
forty years ago. The acoustical design is hard and many of the problems
there haven't been solved yet.

>They aren't anywhere around here to try ,

Give the a call. Again, I do keep meaning to give them a visit but
usually when I am out in that part of the state it's on a concert gig
where I am very rushed.
--scott

I did email them with no reply yet [ the other day ]

regards Greg