Mike

Splendid

Right now i have DirectX 9.0b installed. When i go to
microsofts download page and download 9.0c, it
immediately says that it has been installed. I restarted
my computer, then checked the /run/dxdiag and it was
still 9.0b....Any answers??

Hi Mike,

You might have installed a pre-release version of SP2?
Regardless, the best way to correct this current issue, and prevent
similar issues from appearing in the future is to repair Windows...

How To Repair Windows:
Unplug from your Internet connection, and then repair Windows:
using this method: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Afterwards, boot up your system, turn on your XP Internet Firewall,
plug back into your Internet connection and install all Critical and
Recommended updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
Contact

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53f301c4c7b5$ae245080$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| Right now i have DirectX 9.0b installed. When i go to
| microsofts download page and download 9.0c, it
| immediately says that it has been installed. I restarted
| my computer, then checked the /run/dxdiag and it was
| still 9.0b....Any answers??

TRENDING THREADS