Tungsten C power problem

July 24, 2004 11:13:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Hello. My father's Tungsten C seems to have power problems. He says his
PDA keeps turning itself off during usage even when battery is charged.
He does use it a lot so I am not sure if his PDA is dying. He only had
it for about a year.

Note that he doesn't have the latest firmware update due to problems
according to
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2co... newsgroup thread.

Is this a common problem and how can this be fixed? Does Palm have to
fix it? Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Still we live meanly, like ants;... like pygmies we fight with cranes;
... Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify... simplify..."
| |o o| | E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address if your e-mail was returned.
( )

More about : tungsten power problem

Anonymous
July 25, 2004 5:45:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Under Preferences there's an option for "auto off after X minutes".

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:13:22 -0500, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

>Hello. My father's Tungsten C seems to have power problems. He says his
>PDA keeps turning itself off during usage even when battery is charged.
>He does use it a lot so I am not sure if his PDA is dying. He only had
>it for about a year.
>
>Note that he doesn't have the latest firmware update due to problems
>according to
>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2co... newsgroup thread.
>
>Is this a common problem and how can this be fixed? Does Palm have to
>fix it? Thank you in advance. :)
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 5:45:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Actually, it is not that. It is random power offs.

--
"Still we live meanly, like ants;... like pygmies we fight with cranes;
... Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify... simplify..."
--Henry Thoreau
/\___/\
/ /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx
| |o o| | E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address if your e-mail was returned.
( )
July 27, 2004 7:08:45 AM

In article <9uSdnXWWz8G_Zp_cRVn-uA@mminternet.net>, ANTant@zimage.com
wrote:

> Hello. My father's Tungsten C seems to have power problems. He says his
> PDA keeps turning itself off during usage even when battery is charged.
> He does use it a lot so I am not sure if his PDA is dying. He only had
> it for about a year.
>
> Note that he doesn't have the latest firmware update due to problems
> according to
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2co...
> 8&seekm=6NGdnTPoe83_r0DdRVn-uw%40mminternet.net newsgroup thread.
>
> Is this a common problem and how can this be fixed? Does Palm have to
> fix it? Thank you in advance. :)

Has he tried backing up all his data then doing a hardreset on the palm?
Might be a bug that could be corrected by that.

M. Prindle
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 8:18:12 AM

ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
> Actually, it is not that. It is random power offs.

Is he loosing data every time it shuts itself off?

Ryan
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 4:14:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

> > Actually, it is not that. It is random power offs.

> Is he loosing data every time it shuts itself off?

Ryan, nope. It looks like the PDA is OK now. Who knows what happened. I
will follow-up if it happens again.
--
"If someone makes you angry, I think the thing to do is tie them down
to the ground, cover them in honey, and then release a swarm of killer
!