WinXP doesn't work with USB problem

IvanLofgren

Distinguished
May 26, 2002
In the beginning I had win98SE installed and everything was peaceful. A while ago I installed XP and my USB started to bug me. All devices connected by USB is identified as "unknown device".

I can go arount this by uninstalling one of the USB-controller and then search for new hardware. If I do so XP finds the USB-controller, and all the USB-devices are installed correctly. On reboot everything is resetted to "unknown device"-status.

I have an Compaq Presario 7000T with 2 USB ports at front and 2 at the back.

I've tried to disable one of the USB-controllers but on reboot they are both enabled again, so I don't know if disabling one of them would work.
This is VERY annoying. Especially since I can't use my USB mouse.

Please help!

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
sorry to say that but...

compaq is a crap brand. they have yet hardware incompatibilities issues with "simple" hardware like USB for now (& LPT/COM 10 years before).

xchange it to another comp from another brand ASAP.

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
you cant be wise as i. hehe.

impossible to send the message.
server response: 450 <ivan@NOSPAMlofgren.com>: recipient address rejected: domain not found.
error number: 0x800ccc79. :lol:

ROFL.

<i>maybe next time, add a right address to a right page link...</i> ll

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...

TRENDING THREADS