MrPanther0

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Hello, I'm new at these posts but not new to THG at all... I think this site is the most professional and well organized out of all the other hardware sites out there.
My question/dilema is this. I recently bought an Asus a7n8x-x Nforce2 ultra 400 mobo w/o IGP.
At the time I was running 256 MB PC2100 RAM because I was in the process of upgrading. I now have 3 seperate DIMMS of PC 2700 CL 2.5 with 1 GB each. I recieved these as a gift and all i know about them is what i just stated and it says "g-tek" on all the modules on each side. It has 8 banks on each side and is 184 PIN memory. It runs fine with my old memory but even with just one stick of the 1GB DDR333 memory I dont get a display but everything sounds right except I don't hear a beep at startup. Do I have to flash the BIOS or change the CMOS jumpers? Or maybe I have to just change the BIOS settings. Thank you very much for your help in advance. My email addres is mrpanther00@hotmail.com

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Spammers scan user forums looking for email addresses!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Prof133

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2003
Raise the memory timings (CAS latency : RAS Precharge Delay : RAS to CAS Delay : Active Precharge Delay) and/or DDR Reference voltage (not too high) by increments in an effort to reach stability.

<b><font color=blue>Oh, I can shed light on that ...</font color=blue></b>

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
could be a fake address.

<font color=red>If your nose <b>RUNS</b>, and feet <b>SMELL</b>.
Then you must be born <b>UPSIDE DOWN</b>.</font color=red>

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
do you consider me a spammer?

<font color=red>If your nose <b>RUNS</b>, and feet <b>SMELL</b>.
Then you must be born <b>UPSIDE DOWN</b>.</font color=red>

MrPanther0

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
no that is my real address.... I don't think I have a stability problem it just wont go through the entire startup because I don't hear that initial beep. It's just a black screen.. almost like the mobo doesnt reconize it.

Prof133

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2003
Registered and/or ECC RAM is not supported by this chipset. If the said memory modules are Registered and/or ECC then they're not compatible.

<b><font color=blue>Oh, I can shed light on that ...</font color=blue></b>