WTB: AEA MS38 Lite M/S Headphone Matrix

Last response: in Home Audio
August 25, 2005 9:53:59 PM

Hello,

I would like to buy one of these. If you have one to sell, or know of a
dealer with one in stock. Please let me know.

If there is another headphone M/S decoder, I would love to know about it.

mmp (at) maine.rr.com

AEA is introducing a new product at AES, but has no comparable product
available for sale at this time.

Thanks!!

MM
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 9:54:00 PM

>I would like to buy one of these. If you have one to sell, or know of a
>dealer with one in stock. Please let me know.
>
>If there is another headphone M/S decoder, I would love to know about it.

You can make your own without too much work. If you're willing to hack
up a pair of headphones so you have seperate grounds from each can, you
can just do it with a resistive network. One can is bridged between the
two signal pins, the other can is connected to ground on one side, and
on the other side through two 100 ohm resistors, one to each signal pin.
So the sum of the L+R and L-R is in one can, and the difference between
the L+R and L-R is in the other.

If you don't want to hack the headphones up, you can use a couple
transformers.
--scott

August 26, 2005 12:04:19 AM

Found one...thanks!