Audigy and Altec 251

Keetha3

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2002
Hello all. I have a sound blaster audigy (gamer) and some altec lansing 251 speakers. They both support 5.1 (6 channel) modes. The direction for the speakers say to put the 3 color coded cables into the corresponding colored holes of the sound card, but the creative card is not color coded. The speakers do not state which color cable does which function. So I do not know what goes where. Any ways, after hours of guess and check and experiments, the only way I can get all 6 speakers to work at once is to turn the speakers to 4 channel mode and plug in the one green wire. Someone please tell which witres to plug into which holes and make all the speakers in 6 channel mode please! I'm so mad! I just got these for my birthday.

Keetha3

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2002
Please help me! When I call tech support they: 1) Hang up. 2) Put me on endless hold. 3) Take my name and number and never call back!

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
When I call tech support they: 1) Hang up. 2) Put me on endless hold. 3) Take my name and number and never call back!
Now, repeat after me. I will never buy another Creative product again.

Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then I can continue killing you with beer. -- Homer Simpson.