Hook up to TV

I just set up my surround sound system and hooked that up to my computer no problem. Now I want to hook up my TV to my computer. I have an ATi Radeon 9700 Pro and was able get a picture on my TV, but when I went to watch a movie from my computer, it was just a black screen. Is this because my TV is analog?
3 answers Last reply
More about hook
  1. What program are you using to watch the movie on your TV? This black screen is normally caused by Macrovision compliancy checks in the software. Your card is Macrovision compliant, but older DVD software won't recognize it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  2. I tried using Windows Media Player 9 and Divx 2.1 and both just showed a black screen on the TV, but it looked fine on my monitor.
  3. I have hooked up a TV to my computer and watched DVD's. What I learned was that the TV picture was poor when compared with my Computer Monitor. So My question: Why hook up the TV to the Computer?

Java, I like coffee with my cream and sugar in the Morning!
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards TV Computer Graphics