Keyboard commands stick, mouse is twitchy

I have a new computer, have been playing some games (thief 2,3 max payne 2,
etc)without problem, now suddenly the key commands are sticking (ie arrow up
key for a character to take a step, and he takes several steps. Can stop if I
hit the key again) and the mouse is acting funny. Any ideas how to fix this
annoying problem? Thank You, Robin
1 answer Last reply
More about keyboard commands stick mouse twitchy

    Hi Robin,

    You might have a conflict with some other software running on your
    system, in particular I would suspect it to be some keyboard software.

    To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
    programs one at a time, using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

    You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
    http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Robin373" <Robin373@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5CD9912-C6F9-4047-AA70-FF7F0C3D01EE@microsoft.com...
    | I have a new computer, have been playing some games (thief 2,3 max payne 2,
    | etc)without problem, now suddenly the key commands are sticking (ie arrow up
    | key for a character to take a step, and he takes several steps. Can stop if I
    | hit the key again) and the mouse is acting funny. Any ideas how to fix this
    | annoying problem? Thank You, Robin

Games Video Games