Does the Chessbase database come with internet updates?

Been thinking of getting the Chessbase 9.0 starter package.
5 answers Last reply
More about does chessbase database internet updates
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    Rudy Lopez wrote:
    > Been thinking of getting the Chessbase 9.0 starter package.

    I'm not sure if you mean software updates or game database updates.

    It is set up to where you can download The Week in Chess fairly easily.

    It also has the ability to download software updates, but as far as I
    can tell there haven't been any for Chessbase 9 (despite some rather
    annoying bugs).

    ---
    Douglas L Stewart
    douglas@pobox.com
    President, Mississippi Chess Association
    http://www.mcachess.org
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:41:09 GMT, Douglas L Stewart
    <douglas@pobox.com> wrote:

    >Rudy Lopez wrote:
    >> Been thinking of getting the Chessbase 9.0 starter package.
    >>

    >I'm not sure if you mean software updates or game database updates.
    >
    >It is set up to where you can download The Week in Chess fairly easily.

    I was asking about game updates.

    It's good to know that they offer bug fixes, but unless a bug is
    actually bothering me I have learned the hard way not to automatically
    update chess software executables!

    I already have Chess Assistant but was thinking about Chessbase
    because it seems to have better desk top publishing features.

    (I want to put up a chess website).
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    Douglas L Stewart wrote:
    > Rudy Lopez wrote:
    >
    >> Been thinking of getting the Chessbase 9.0 starter package.
    >>

    > I'm not sure if you mean software updates or game database updates.
    >
    > It is set up to where you can download The Week in Chess fairly easily.
    >
    > It also has the ability to download software updates, but as far as I
    > can tell there haven't been any for Chessbase 9 (despite some rather
    > annoying bugs).
    >
    > ---
    > Douglas L Stewart
    > douglas@pobox.com
    > President, Mississippi Chess Association
    > http://www.mcachess.org

    I have had two software updates over the past few months, one only a few
    days ago. This happens automatically when I log onto the playchess.com
    server. There is also a "Query Upgrade ..." menu item listed under help.

    Regards,

    Simon.

    --
    Excise Burns and his dates to email me.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    chapman Billy wrote:

    > I have had two software updates over the past few months, one only a few
    > days ago. This happens automatically when I log onto the playchess.com
    > server. There is also a "Query Upgrade ..." menu item listed under help.

    I never realized you actually have to register on Playchess.com to get
    online updates. I was always trying to do it as a guest and it would
    always say my program is up to date. Learn something new every day I guess!

    ---
    Douglas L Stewart
    douglas@pobox.com
    President, Mississippi Chess Association
    http://www.mcachess.org
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    Douglas L Stewart wrote:
    > chapman Billy wrote:
    >
    >> I have had two software updates over the past few months, one only a
    >> few days ago. This happens automatically when I log onto the
    >> playchess.com server. There is also a "Query Upgrade ..." menu item
    >> listed under help.
    >

    > I never realized you actually have to register on Playchess.com to get
    > online updates. I was always trying to do it as a guest and it would
    > always say my program is up to date. Learn something new every day I
    > guess!

    I just hope the last "upgrade" before the subscription runs out leaves
    my database in a usable condition. :-) I'll have to remember to make a
    backup.

    I sometimes follow tournaments such as Linares on playchess.com, but I
    never play internet chess; the danger of addiction seems too great to me.

    Regards,

    Simon.

    --
    Excise Burns and his dates to email me.

PC gaming Internet Computers Games Database Video Games