add PGN & chessbase to google desktop search

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Google
  • Desktops
  • Games
  • Computers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
March 11, 2005 3:43:16 PM

This is way beyond my computer skills but can some group member add pgn
and chessbase files to the new google desktop search tool? It asks for
people to add plugins of new files types. Then we could search our
chess games with it. They recently added pdf and image files and it
works great on those . It is MUCH faster than the search tool built
into windows. The first time you use it it takes a while to index your
files, then it is very fast.

More about : add pgn chessbase google desktop search

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 2:50:22 AM

cmcanulty wrote:
> This is way beyond my computer skills but can some group member add pgn
> and chessbase files to the new google desktop search tool? It asks for
> people to add plugins of new files types. Then we could search our
> chess games with it. They recently added pdf and image files and it
> works great on those . It is MUCH faster than the search tool built
> into windows. The first time you use it it takes a while to index your
> files, then it is very fast.

I'm sure thre's a problem at all... Or at least, if there are, we may
all see different kinds of searches: For some reason the GDS doesn't
indes my emails, but if conduct seaches on some specific terms I've used
when annoting games, quotations and links to those/bases appears nicely...
Other people i know does find their mails, but miss something else.

But maybe some plugins are needed to some, and not to others.
I'm a bit mystified, still.

HD
!