Suggestions for e-mail software? (Clie PEG-TH55)

July 26, 2004 2:41:33 AM

Any suggestions for e-mail software for the Clie PEG-TH55? I've tried
several, and found various problems with all. Eudora Internet Suite (EIS)
seems very buggy on this Clie. The scroll bars don't work in the message
list view, the message list doesn't display after doing a fetch, etc. I've
also tried SnapperMail, which works ok for IMAP4, but I can't seem to read
any POP3 servers (with the V2 beta). The built-in mail program is ok, but
it doesn't seem to give me any way to delete messages from the server.
Ideally, I would like something that can skip messages on the POP3 server
that have already been read by another e-mail client, even if those
messages are still on the server.

Thanks very much!

-pd
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 9:14:16 AM

Version 1.92 of Snapper mail doesn't have your problems on my TRGpro and
it has excellent if not hard to understand control of deleting email on
the server. I can't imagine why the beta would have trouble with existing
features. I'm waiting for the completion of beta when I will purchase an
upgrade to version 2.

--
_____________
Thank a veteran

wrote:

> Any suggestions for e-mail software for the Clie PEG-TH55? The
> built-in mail program is ok, but
> it doesn't seem to give me any way to delete messages from the server.
>
> -pd

In Clie Mail: Options> Accounts> Edit> Server - uncheck "Leave mail on
server"

- Tagboy
July 26, 2004 3:21:03 PM

In article <Xns9531F1040D71Apeterdavismediaonene@216.196.97.136>, Peter
Davis <peter_davis@comcast.net> wrote:

> Any suggestions for e-mail software for the Clie PEG-TH55?

Mark/Space Mail at http://www.markspace.com/mail.html

Supports attachments, small fonts, periodic (automatic) mail checking,
etc.

Brian
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 3:11:35 PM

tagboy <opal_media@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<opsbqy5es0744kgg@news.dccnet.com>...
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 22:41:33 -0500, Peter Davis <peter_davis@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions for e-mail software for the Clie PEG-TH55? The
> > built-in mail program is ok, but
> > it doesn't seem to give me any way to delete messages from the server.
>
> In Clie Mail: Options> Accounts> Edit> Server - uncheck "Leave mail on
> server"

Thanks. I was looking for the ability to delete individual messages,
while leaving most on the server.

Thanks,

-pd
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 3:13:32 PM

Brian Hall <brian_hall@markspace.delete.com> wrote in message news:<260720041121037792%brian_hall@markspace.delete.com>...
> In article <Xns9531F1040D71Apeterdavismediaonene@216.196.97.136>, Peter
> Davis <peter_davis@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions for e-mail software for the Clie PEG-TH55?
>
> Mark/Space Mail at http://www.markspace.com/mail.html
>
> Supports attachments, small fonts, periodic (automatic) mail checking,
> etc.

Thanks! I will check this out.

-pd
August 2, 2004 11:41:48 AM

I have had no problems at all using POP3 on the v2 beta of
SnapperMail. So far, it has been preferable to the supplied VersaMail
on my TC.
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 6:04:41 AM

I havn't tried the Snappermail V2 beta but, I can say that Snapper is
hands down the best POP3 Palm package I have used and I've been doing POP
mail on my Palm for many years.

--
_____________
Thank a veteran

What did you like about SnapperMail over Versamail? Just curious as both are
quite good at the Palm side. Versamail is nice, though, because you can also
sync with your PC.

--
tim@palmzone.net
http://www.palmzone.net

"Max" <mksql@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have had no problems at all using POP3 on the v2 beta of
> SnapperMail. So far, it has been preferable to the supplied VersaMail
> on my TC.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 1:14:04 AM

mksql@yahoo.com (Max) wrote in news:c90c3203.0408020641.65cad85
@posting.google.com:

> I have had no problems at all using POP3 on the v2 beta of
> SnapperMail. So far, it has been preferable to the supplied VersaMail
> on my TC.

Yeah, it turned out the POP problem I was having was my fault. I got that
working.

That said, I'm pretty impressed with Mark/Space Mail, and would probably go
with that. I don't really need the IMAP feature of SnapperMail, and
Mark/Space mail seems to give a very high degree of control over deleting
messages locally vs. deleting from the server, etc.

I haven't tried VersaMail, so perhaps I should give that one a test ride.

Thanks,

-pd
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:07:40 AM

There are multiple SnapperMail products with increasingly more features.
IMAP is only included on the high end version.

--
_____________
Thank a veteran

"Peter Davis" <pfd@pfdstudio.com> wrote in message
> Thanks. I was looking for the ability to delete individual messages,
> while leaving most on the server.

Download your messages, and delete the ones you want deleted, then repoll
your server by checking for mail again. Your email application will tell
the server to delete any emails you deleted on your local mail client.

Jim
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 2:52:26 AM

> "Peter Davis" <pfd@pfdstudio.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks. I was looking for the ability to delete individual messages,
>> while leaving most on the server.

I do this: use imap on the server, ssh to it (using TUSsh on the Palm)
and run mutt. Not for everyone, I know.
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 2:20:11 AM

"Jim MacKenzie" <jim@dusykbarlow.sk.ca> wrote in news:412a2f0c$1
@news.accesscomm.ca:

> "Peter Davis" <pfd@pfdstudio.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks. I was looking for the ability to delete individual messages,
>> while leaving most on the server.
>
> Download your messages, and delete the ones you want deleted, then repoll
> your server by checking for mail again. Your email application will tell
> the server to delete any emails you deleted on your local mail client.

Depends on the mail client. Clie Mail doesn't seem to to delete on server.
If I delete it locally, it's still on the POP server. Eudora (EIS) does
delete on server, but it's broken in many other ways. Mark/Space Mail
seems to have the best control, giving you a choice of local/server/both
for deletions. However, I've been getting divide by 0 errors with that
lately when I try to fetch.

If I can get my personal mail onto an IMAP server, as my work mail is, I'll

Thanks,

-pd
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 2:21:05 AM

Lee Phillips <lee@leeHYPHENphillips.org.invalid> wrote in

>> "Peter Davis" <pfd@pfdstudio.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks. I was looking for the ability to delete individual messages,
>>> while leaving most on the server.
>
> I do this: use imap on the server, ssh to it (using TUSsh on the Palm)
> and run mutt. Not for everyone, I know.

Hmmm. As a mutt veteran, this possibility sounds interesting, if only for
the sheer ornariness of running mutt on a PDA.

Thanks!

-pd
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 1:05:50 PM

"Peter Davis" <peter_davis@comcast.net> wrote in message
> If I can get my personal mail onto an IMAP server, as my work mail is,
I'll

OneTouch supports deletion on repoll. That's another option.

I've been using PaPiMail though. It supports both POP and IMAP and only
costs $10 US to register. I have an IMAP server at home for my personal
email, running on an obsolete PC running Linux.

Jim
!