Where can I buy Chessbase 8 for cheap?

Now that CB 9 is out, I figured the price would come down on CB 8 but
it hasnt. I just need a stand alone copy, I already have the big 2002
database discs... But all they sell are these expensive mega packs
for $150.00. Where can I get a good price for cb 8? Or perhaps Id
buy 7 for a good price...

Wahooka

Try ChessbaseUSA, (800) 524-3527.

I went through this with Junior 8 and 9. We determined that Junior 9 would
not run on my system, but Junior 8 would. They sold Junior 8 to me for a
good price. They were very cooperative.

I had contacted a dealer about this. He said he had to return all his new,
unsold copies of Junior 8 to get credit for the Junior 9s. In other words,
the dealer's cost for Junior 8 was the same as for Junior 9. He would not
discount Junior 8 for me.

Otherwise, you've got the usual places: eBay, newsgroups but watch out!
People sell buggy software on eBay. You've got no recourse.

HTTH

"Wahooka" <cartmanericerkjkl@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Now that CB 9 is out, I figured the price would come down on CB 8 but
> it hasnt. I just need a stand alone copy, I already have the big 2002
> database discs... But all they sell are these expensive mega packs
> for $150.00. Where can I get a good price for cb 8? Or perhaps Id
> buy 7 for a good price...
>
> Wahooka

Chessbase 7 does not run on XP

Greg Niemi wrote:
> Chessbase 7 does not run on XP

Only problem I've seem, was that after creating a new DB, the program
shuts down, and you have to start it again. The new DB however is there.
Of course this can differ on different systems.

HD