Marking your position in a Fritz database??

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc (More info?)

Is there a way to mark the last game you examined in a fritz/chessbase
database?

I am using Fritz to study some games in Chessbase format and want to
pick up where I left off the last time. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks
Locksley

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc (More info?)

OK, I have come up with the method of editing game data, F2. ... and
indenting White's name by one or two positions.
On resumption, I would edit game data again and remove the indents.
Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks numch.
Locksley

Locksley O. Young wrote:
> OK, I have come up with the method of editing game data, F2. ... and
> indenting White's name by one or two positions.
> On resumption, I would edit game data again and remove the indents.
> Is there an easier way to do this?
>
> Thanks numch.
> Locksley
>
> Locksley O. Young wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to mark the last game you examined in a fritz/chessbase
>> database?
>>
>> I am using Fritz to study some games in Chessbase format and want to
>> pick up where I left off the last time. Is there an easy way to do this?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Locksley

Press 'delete' in the list. The game is only marked for deletion, and as
long as you don't run 'remove deleted games' there's no danger.
To remove the deletemark when you're finished, press delete again.

HD

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc (More info?)

Hi guys, we are just learning stuff...

HD wrote:

> Locksley O. Young wrote:
>
>> OK, I have come up with the method of editing game data, F2. ... and
>> indenting White's name by one or two positions.
>> On resumption, I would edit game data again and remove the indents.
>> Is there an easier way to do this?
>>
>> Thanks numch.
>> Locksley
>>
>> Locksley O. Young wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way to mark the last game you examined in a
>>> fritz/chessbase database?
>>>
>>> I am using Fritz to study some games in Chessbase format and want to
>>> pick up where I left off the last time. Is there an easy way to do
>>> this?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Locksley
>>

> Press 'delete' in the list. The game is only marked for deletion, and
> as long as you don't run 'remove deleted games' there's no danger.
> To remove the deletemark when you're finished, press delete again.
>
> HD

Thanks HD:

I think your method is indeed slicker!!!

Cheers.
Locksley