card can connect to 1 of the 2 networks with same wi-fi se..

Hello,
I have microsoft pcmcia wireless card.

I have set it up at home with the same network settings at work.
The ssid ,key etc is the same. Now the problem is the card used towork
fine at work and after I configured it to have the same settings at home
as that ay work it no longer works at work.
It keeps scanning the channels at work does nothing, the xp built in
wireless configurator does not find the network at work, its definitely
there as we have others using it. I am lost for words...
is there some setting that got turned on....
Chhil

joker

Did you uninstall the Broadband network utility? I highly recommend
doing that on all Windows XP computers. The purpose of the software is
to configure wireless connections on computers that don't support
wireless networks by them selves.

Murtuza Chhil wrote:

> Hello,
> I have microsoft pcmcia wireless card.
>
> I have set it up at home with the same network settings at work.
> The ssid ,key etc is the same. Now the problem is the card used towork
> fine at work and after I configured it to have the same settings at home
> as that ay work it no longer works at work.
> It keeps scanning the channels at work does nothing, the xp built in
> wireless configurator does not find the network at work, its definitely
> there as we have others using it. I am lost for words...
> is there some setting that got turned on....
> Chhil

I did try it after the uninstall but then the xp wizard would come up
all greyed out. I finally got that wizard back by chance when I
installed Boingo...
Chhil