mhartze2

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2003
Hi, i am writing on behalf of my friend and his computer which i am attempting to fix. Here is the scenario: A few weeks ago my friends computer crashed once on the windows blue screen of death and dumped physical memory, typical windows b.s. Anyways, it booted once or twice after that but than began to not even show a picture when the comp was turned on. So, of course, I reset the cmos. this yielded a picture, however, it went straight to bios and asked to configure the cpu speed, i did i put it on the standard speed with 133 mhz front side bus( he has an athlon xp 1700 or 1800 cant remember). However , as soon as i saved that and rebooted it would not give a picture again. So, my first guess was maybe video card or ram was bad. But i put both my ram and v card from my comp. and still the same thing happened. I then substituted my cpu and still it happened. So i have them ruled out. So i then figured he maybe had a faulty motherboard. So he ordered the asus a7v8x-x. When i put this in, i am still getting the same problem. And even worse , i was not only not getting a picture, the cpu fan and the whole comp would turn off after like 15 seconds every time. So i then figured, hey maybe its the power supply. I ordered a brand new raidmax 500 w and still does same problem , no picture and turns off after 15 seconds. Ive tried unpluggin all drives so i know they are not the problem, so im really left with nothing. What could it possibly be? the heastsync??!! thats all thats left to be honest ive ruled out everything else. PLEASE help i'm desperate and any advice would be helpful thanks!

Is the CPUs heatsink fan plugged into the fan 1 connector? Is the CPUs cooling fan sending an RPM signal to the M/B? You'll have to clear the CMOS, and go into the health section to find out, if the M/B doesn't receive a RPM signal, it will autoshutdown because it thinks the CPU cooling fan isn't running even though it may be running. You can disable the autoshutdown feature, if thats the problem and either set the high temp to autoshutdown at 70c to be safe, or get a new cooling fan. If you check these suggestions out and thats not the problem, post what you find.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>