PC/CD Rom Games Won't D/loaded on XP

Hi,

We bought Scrabble 2005 and have tried installing on the home pc. When
inserting the cd into the drive it makes the usual whirring noise but then
does nothing (the installation screen does not appear as it should do). We've
tried installing other games and the same thing is happening.

Can anyone help.

Thanks
tam

Have you tried the Add/Remove Programs applet on the control panel? It
can scan the CD for a disc and allow you to run the instalation program
(ussualy setup.exe or install.exe on the first settup disc).

tam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We bought Scrabble 2005 and have tried installing on the home pc. When
> inserting the cd into the drive it makes the usual whirring noise but then
> does nothing (the installation screen does not appear as it should do). We've
> tried installing other games and the same thing is happening.
>
> Can anyone help.
>
> Thanks
> tam

Yep, we've tried that and it asks us to select a file to open it from but
still no luck. Thinking about it, it might be the base unit rather that XP,
might be easier to take it back to the manufacturer.

Thanks for your help.
tam

"RobertVA" wrote:

> Have you tried the Add/Remove Programs applet on the control panel? It
> can scan the CD for a disc and allow you to run the instalation program
> (ussualy setup.exe or install.exe on the first settup disc).
>
> tam wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We bought Scrabble 2005 and have tried installing on the home pc. When
> > inserting the cd into the drive it makes the usual whirring noise but then
> > does nothing (the installation screen does not appear as it should do). We've
> > tried installing other games and the same thing is happening.
> >
> > Can anyone help.
> >
> > Thanks
> > tam

If you have an old CD-rom ( like a Sony 32x ) and the CD was burned at
52x the CD-rom won`t read the cd.

Else, try finding a solution with the provider of the game, or read the
manual.

( www.develz.ro )