Kaspy to retire from Chess

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Hard to believe he is retiring from Chess to pursue politics. Wonder who is
going to step up to fill his shoes?
Is he going to resign his title? How is that going to work?

crotalus_no1@yahoo.com wrote:
> Resign what title?

"Mr."

Ruud

"Chuck" <clm701@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Hard to believe he is retiring from Chess to pursue politics. Wonder who
> is
> going to step up to fill his shoes?
> Is he going to resign his title? How is that going to work?

He stopped so he wouldn't have to resign his title. It's called stopping at
the right moment.

"Ruud" <rjhheuvelman@home.nl> wrote in

> He stopped so he wouldn't have to resign his title. It's called
> stopping at the right moment.

Maybe just because of the return of Bobby Fischer? :)

Rememebr he is free at last! :)

--
Just because I didnt doesnt mean I dont want to.
Just because I wouldnt doesnt mean I cant.

Ruud <rjhheuvelman@home.nl> wrote:
> "Chuck" <clm701@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hard to believe he is retiring from Chess to pursue politics. Wonder
>> who is going to step up to fill his shoes?
>>
>> Is he going to resign his title? How is that going to work?
>
> He stopped so he wouldn't have to resign his title.

Kasparov's only chess-related title is "Grandmaster", which is a title
for life and doesn't need to be resigned even now that he's not playing
competitive chess any more. He doesn't currently hold either World
Championship so has nothing to resign in that direction.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Hungry Flammable.com (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ an E-commerce portal but it burns