Installing programs on drive with no operating sys

dtp

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2001
I'am thinking about installing a second hard drive on my system but will not have an operating system on it,the other will have XP on it,my first question is can you install games and other programs (photo editing etc....) on a hard drive with out the operating system (XP) on it? And second is it possible for a virus to get from one hard drive to the other if you dont open anything from one in the other? My reason for this is the comp Im thinking about doing this to is a family computer everyone uses it but the programs I work in would be on the other drive without the operating system away from any thing that might get into the other drive from the net or elsewhere.
Thanks in advance for the information.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, when you install most programs they will ask you where you want to put the files. If you select the other drive, only the installation files will go on the first drive, and all those will refer to the other files on the other drive.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>