engine vs engine games

Hi,

I am collecting engine vs engine games and may be you know some links
where I could download such games.

I already have 955.000 of them collected and if you are also in
collecting computer games you won´t regret visiting my page at:

www.michael-waesch.de/trade/trade.htm

Mike

Michael Wäsch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am collecting engine vs engine games and may be you know some links
> where I could download such games.
>
> I already have 955.000 of them collected and if you are also in
> collecting computer games you won´t regret visiting my page at:
>
> www.michael-waesch.de/trade/trade.htm
>
> Mike

I imagine you're aware of Walter Eigenmann's database "Comp 2004" of
about 150,000 games of 30 min or more. If not, here's the link:

http://www.schachserver.de/Turniere/turniere.html

Nikos

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

"Michael W?sch" <miwaesch@web.de> wrote in news:d2ekvt$cja$05$1@news.t-
online.com:

> I already have 955.000 of them collected and if you are also in
> collecting computer games you won t regret visiting my page at:

That very nice! but - what about people that dont use chessbase?

Iam using Arena v1.1 fro the engines to compete one agianst the other.

But Arena only works with .exe engines not .eng.

Is there a way that i can get your engines and convert it to .exe somehow?

--
Just because I didnt doesnt mean I dont want to.
Just because I wouldnt doesnt mean I cant.

> That very nice! but - what about people that dont use chessbase?
>
> Iam using Arena v1.1 fro the engines to compete one agianst the
> other.
>
> But Arena only works with .exe engines not .eng.
>
> Is there a way that i can get your engines and convert it to .exe
> somehow?

??? I have no engines on my site. Only engine games.

Mike

Nikos

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

"Michael W?sch" <miwaesch@web.de> wrote in news:d2f066$bqq$04$1@news.t-
online.com:

> ??? I have no engines on my site. Only engine games.

Yes sorry, my mistake.

Dod you know where can i find .exe engines to play in Arena?

--
Just because I didnt doesnt mean I dont want to.
Just because I wouldnt doesnt mean I cant.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Is there an interface to use a chess engine such that the engine doesn't
have to run on the same PC? They connect via a network?

Example: I have 2 boxes. 1 w/ Shredder and 1 w/Fritz. I'd like to use
something like winBoard but they expect the engines to be running on the
same PC.

This way I can connect 2 engines to play against each other w/o using the
same PC.

Any thoughts? Any suggestions using an interface that uses the standard
chess functionality w/o having the engine like Shredder on the same box?

"Michael Wäsch" <miwaesch@web.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am collecting engine vs engine games and may be you know some links
> where I could download such games.
>
> I already have 955.000 of them collected and if you are also in
> collecting computer games you won´t regret visiting my page at:
>
> www.michael-waesch.de/trade/trade.htm
>
> Mike

Nikos

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

"Michael W?sch" <miwaesch@web.de> wrote in news:d2f7iq$mqv$04$1@news.t-
online.com:

> May be you want to look here:
>
> http://www.uciengines.de/UCI-Engines/uci-engines.html

Yes Mike, but its only a few limited chess engines.

What i want its a bif free .exe engines list! :)

--

"Andr? Gulliksen" <andre.gulliksen@start.no> wrote in news:424c0f90$1
@news.broadpark.no:

> Nikos wrote:
>> Dod you know where can i find .exe engines to play in Arena?
>
> http://www.playwitharena.com/directory/engines.htm

Yes i have seen it.

But - the engines it has are not so good.
For example ProDeo v1.1 have beated evry chess engine Arena has and others.

I just want the best chess engine available for Arena. Tha would mean in
..exe format not .eng.

Do you know something that beat Prodeo?!?!

--

Nikos wrote:
> Do you know something that beat Prodeo?!?!

According to http://wbec-ridderkerk.nl/html/rating.htm List 512 is stronger
than Pro Deo 1.0. I don't know about 1.1.

If you want anything stronger than that, UCI/WB or otherwise, you will have
to go commercial.

> If you want anything stronger than that, UCI/WB or otherwise, you will
> have to go commercial.

No problem just tell me the name of the engine and i'll find it.

--
Just because I didnt doesnt mean I dont want to.
Just because I wouldnt doesnt mean I cant.

Nikos

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

"Andr Gulliksen" <andre.gulliksen@start.no> wrote in

> According to http://wbec-ridderkerk.nl/html/rating.htm List 512 is
> stronger than Pro Deo 1.0. I don't know about 1.1.

I just tested ProDeo 1.1 with the following 2 engines that is the first 2
on the list you gace me and ProDeo beated them :)

1 Shredder 7.04
2 Gandalf 6.0

I need something better than that! :)

--

Nikos wrote:
> I just tested ProDeo 1.1 with the following 2 engines that is the
> first 2 on the list you gace me and ProDeo beated them :)
>
> 1 Shredder 7.04
> 2 Gandalf 6.0

Define "beated". Won one single game? One a tournament, of how many games
and at what time controls?

> I need something better than that! :)

May I ask why you "need" something stronger than Shredder/Pro
Deo/Gandalf/whatever?

> Nikos wrote:
>> I just tested ProDeo 1.1 with the following 2 engines that is the
>> first 2 on the list you gace me and ProDeo beated them :)
>>
>> 1 Shredder 7.04
>> 2 Gandalf 6.0
>
> Define "beated". Won one single game? One a tournament, of how many
> games and at what time controls?

I've made ProDeo play against a lot of chess engines and it have wont hem
all. it won Gandalf in 10 single games 8-2 and Shredder 9-1.

>> I need something better than that! :)
>
> May I ask why you "need" something stronger than Shredder/Pro
> Deo/Gandalf/whatever?

I just want to find the best chess engine available so i can practise and
also use it on icc in tournament or to play against other engines.

--

Nikos <hackeras@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just want to find the best chess engine available so i can practise
> and also use it on icc in tournament or to play against other engines.

Unless you're a top-ten grandmaster posting under a pseudonym, you should
choose the engine you practise against for its features, not its strength.
All the top engines are so much better than most humans that there's no
perceptible difference in strength between them.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Transparent Laser (TM): it's like an
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ intense beam of light but you can see

Nikos

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

David Richerby <davidr@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in

> Unless you're a top-ten grandmaster posting under a pseudonym, you
> should choose the engine you practise against for its features, not
> its strength. All the top engines are so much better than most humans
> that there's no perceptible difference in strength between them.

I just want to have the best engine out there :)

Iam no GM :)

--
Just because I didnt doesnt mean I dont want to.
Just because I wouldnt doesnt mean I cant.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Nikos wrote:

>I need something better than that! :)

Why? So you can cheat at online chess and not be beaten by those who
cheat using better chess engines?

Nikos

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

_@_._ wrote in news:114rnaqi2qf3t2c@corp.supernews.com:

>>I need something better than that! :)
>
> Why? So you can cheat at online chess and not be beaten by those who
> cheat using better chess engines?

I dont cheat. Iam connecting as guest to ICC and let my engine play against
other engines or humans.

Whoever wants to use a chess engine it doesnt mean he wants to cheat you
know....

--

Nikos wrote:

> I just want to have the best engine out there :)

Since none of the existing ordinary super-strong engines is good enough
for you, you should get yourself a copy of Hydra.

HD

Nikos

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

HD <HDChess@gmail.com> wrote in news:Mtu3e.36$sq6.31@news.get2net.dk:

> Since none of the existing ordinary super-strong engines is good enough
> for you, you should get yourself a copy of Hydra.

Sure ill search for it. whats Hudra's elo?

--
Just because I didnt doesnt mean I dont want to.
Just because I wouldnt doesnt mean I cant.

None

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002

Nikos wrote:

> HD <HDChess@gmail.com> wrote in news:Mtu3e.36$sq6.31@news.get2net.dk:
>

>>Since none of the existing ordinary super-strong engines is good enough
>>for you, you should get yourself a copy of Hydra.
>

> Sure ill search for it. whats Hudra's elo?

He is making a joke at your expense. You cannot purchase Hydra.

Nikos

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

none <none@none.com> wrote in news:d6OdnZtQ8u-cnNLfRVn-rQ@rogers.com:

> He is making a joke at your expense. You cannot purchase Hydra.

I see. I noticed on a relative webpage that Hydra is a successor of
DeepBlue and can run on SuperComputers only.

Well, is there any better engine than the ones i already described?

--

Nikos wrote:
> Well, is there any better engine than the ones i already described?

If Shredder is not strong enough for you, did you consider Deep Shredder?