Freelancer and Routers

I have a home network using a Linksys BEF11S4 Wireless router. My network
is working properly and I can play multiplayer Freelancer from any PC on
it. The problem is when I try to connect to the same server from more than
one PC. It will work fine for a few minutes then suddenly lag red for a few
seconds then disconnect from the server (both PCs). This is driving me
nuts, I have tried everything I can think of. Is there something I can do
like port forwarding or triggering? DMZ doesn't do it and I've d/l'd the
latest firmware for the router. I'm about to throw it out a window. Please
help.

My rig:

2.6 Ghz P4
512 mb DDR ram
128 mb NVidia Gforce AGP8x

p.s. All my PCs are connected with ethernet (I only use wireless for
laptops)

Hi Itchdog,

Perhaps using DXPORT from puffinsoft.com is the answer.
It will allow you to assign specific DX ports to each PC.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Itchdog" <*@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns95A2E2389A814Itchdoghotmailcom@65.32.5.121...
>I have a home network using a Linksys BEF11S4 Wireless router. My network
> is working properly and I can play multiplayer Freelancer from any PC on
> it. The problem is when I try to connect to the same server from more than
> one PC. It will work fine for a few minutes then suddenly lag red for a few
> seconds then disconnect from the server (both PCs). This is driving me
> nuts, I have tried everything I can think of. Is there something I can do
> like port forwarding or triggering? DMZ doesn't do it and I've d/l'd the
> latest firmware for the router. I'm about to throw it out a window. Please
> help.
>
> My rig:
>
> 2.6 Ghz P4
> 512 mb DDR ram
> 128 mb NVidia Gforce AGP8x
>
> p.s. All my PCs are connected with ethernet (I only use wireless for
> laptops)

rsw

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2004

I'm not sure how I set my Linksys router up (RP114 I think), but, I've had 4
different PC's all in the same online game, so it is possible.
Great fun having friends around all running the same missions etc....

RSW