Does ChessMaster 9000 work on Windows 2000?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

The ChessMaster WEB site says that ChessMaster 9000 and the 10th edition
only work on 98/me/XP. Does anyone know if they will work on Windows 2000?

Thanks

John

"John" <jr.williams@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> The ChessMaster WEB site says that ChessMaster 9000 and the 10th edition
> only work on 98/me/XP. Does anyone know if they will work on Windows 2000?

Works for me.

JVMerlino

Distinguished
May 20, 2004

Neither version OFFICIALLY support Windows 2000. The chances that
either of them will work on Win2K are fairly high, and the bugs usually
involve UI problems, particularly with menus. But, because the program
don't officially support that platform, Ubi Soft will not provide you
technical support if something is wrong.

It's probably worth the $20-40 to take the risk, if you really want the
program.

John wrote:
> The ChessMaster WEB site says that ChessMaster 9000 and the 10th
> edition only work on 98/me/XP. Does anyone know if they will work on
> Windows 2000?

I cannot speak for 9000 or 10th, but I did try 7000 and 8000 under 2K. 7000
was totally useless. 8000 was not flawless, but most features worked just
fine as long as you installed service packs for 2K and updates for CM. My
guess is that 9000 should work, at least more or less.

10th ed introduces a new GUI, which may be better or worse (compatibility
wise, that is) than the old one. I believe there's a 10th ed demo available.
Download and try.

I have been using Chessmaster 9000 for over 9 months on Win2000 with no
problems.

"John" <jr.williams@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> The ChessMaster WEB site says that ChessMaster 9000 and the 10th edition
> only work on 98/me/XP. Does anyone know if they will work on Windows 2000?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Chessmaster 9000 worked for me on Windows 2000 after all the patches came
out. Before that, I experienced a bug where the only opponent in tournament
mode was the Chessmaster, and IIRC another bug with the sound